Please click to download the associated PDF below.
Registering in the system
Start in the system here, then open a user guide and follow the steps to register.
- System user guide: Business pre-qualification – registration and renewal
- Community Select WHS Declaration
Document upload guides
- Re-upload documents with a status of PENDING in the system
- Renewing a document that has expired/is expiring in the system
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have you approved faster.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why should I register my company in the Community Select Contractor Authorisation System?
Inclusion in the Community Select Contractor Authorisation System gives you access to high quality work opportunities with strata and building managers who want to work with premium contractors.
The system gives contractors a way to prove their qualifications and compliance to perform work at commercial and/or residential buildings. It provides strata and property managers with a premium database of contractors, ensuring everyone accessing their properties is safe and qualified, meeting legislative requirements and reducing risk.
New to Community Select?
Currently, contractors must already be working with Community Select, or have been requested to register by a building (strata, real estate) to receive work orders. If you are new to Community Select and haven’t been asked to register yet, please email an expression of interest to email@example.com.
2. Who is Community Select?
Community Select is the department of the Prudential Investment Company of Australia Pty Limited (PICA) that oversees the issuing of work orders and quote requests for all PICA brands.
The brands under the PICA group include:
- Barass Macarthur Management
- Dynamic Property Services
- Estate Managers
- GK Strata Management
- Mason and Brophy Strata Management
- NSW Strata Management
- North Coast Body Corporate
- Robinson Strata Management
- Strata 3 Group
- Sydney Company Title Management
3. What are the minimum requirements to be an authorised contractor in the system?
To become an authorised contractor in the system, you must:
- Be registered as a business for tax purposes in Australia
- Have a minimum $10 million Public & Product Liability Insurance (in respect of each and every occurrence and unlimited in aggregate for any one period of cover)
- Have a minimum $1 million Professional Indemnity Insurance (where applicable)
- Have Statutory Workers Compensation insurance for all employees (where applicable)
- Hold all licences as relevant to services provided
- Have an established Quality Management system (consultants only)
- Have an established Health & Safety Management system
- Accept the Community Select Terms and Conditions of engagement and Contractor Code of Conduct.
You’ll be prompted to upload evidence or agree to statements relating to these requirements as you register in the system.
4. How much does registration cost?
The cost of registering in the system is $100 + GST annually. This covers the initial and ongoing administration and verification of your documents and information. As part of this cost, you’ll be sent reminders to update your documents as they expire, and have access to local call centre and email support to keep you compliant and listed in the Community Select database.
5. Who do I contact if I have questions about the Contractor Authorisation System?
You can contact the Pegasus team during business hours on 1300 305 072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Who do I invoice?
You will invoice as per details on any work order you receive.
7. Can I get a refund?
Payments made to Pegasus for the verification of uploaded insurances and licenses are final. We can’t refund any fees after the document verification process has begun. Please refer to the terms and conditions for more details.